VGL At a Glance
- Vanguard Landing is a private, 501 (C) 3 non – profit, self – sustaining residential community in Virginia Beach for adults with mild to moderate intellectual disabilities
- Vanguard Landing provides a well-rounded community life experience for our residents and employees
- Vanguard Landing features a beautifully landscaped campus with 24 hour security and nursing staff, a Multipurpose Complex, three types of residential offerings, the VanGarden area, an Equestrian Center, a Special Events Center, an Art Center, and retail shops. Other community non-profits will have the opportunity to lease a building space on the campus.
- Vanguard Landing programming addresses residents’ life skills, continuing education, pre-vocational and job skill development, meaningful employment both on and off campus, life long fitness, social skills, leisure time utilization, expressive arts, friendships and continued family and community involvement
- Vanguard Landing is modeled after similar communities in other states, all of which are succeeding and prospering with waiting lists
- Vanguard Landing offers an open, agrarian campus community within a community for our residents to live, work, and recreate.
- Vanguard Landing is a safe, person-centered community with on-site companion animals
- Vanguard Landing is self-sustaining, with many funding streams including resident tuition (both private pay and Medicaid waiver), trusts and life insurance policies, cottage industry on-site businesses, sales of items produced on-site, plant sales, garden plot rentals, horse boarding and shows, special events, facility rentals and signature fundraisers