2016 was an incredible year for the Vanguard Landing project and all that occurred propels us closer to the reality of being able to turn the first shovel and get this community “out of the ground!’
We hope that you will continue this amazing journey as we start 2017 off with lots of excitement!
Many of us start a new year off organizing, making resolutions and challenging ourselves to make a positive impact on our lives and the community we live in. If this sounds like YOU, then we challenge you to choose Vanguard Landing as one of your resolutions to do good and help us make this year one that will certainly make a difference in the lives of the amazing and deserving individuals who so desperately need and want what VGL has to offer!
Here are some ways you can help, but there are even more ways than on this list:
- Commit to our cause to get the dirt moving and make it a regular part of your life. To immerse yourself into something greater than yourself can really reinvigorate you!
- Help spread the word about Our Mission by sharing our Facebook messages and our website with friends and asking them to take a look and engage them in a conversation about getting them involved whether its inviting them to an event or introducing them to us to be a part of the Construction/Development process. How the other communities we are modeled after have been successful is that the community businesses and individuals have literally “wrapped their arms” around the project to get it going! Remember, once we are fully built, we are self-sustaining for the most part!
- It costs lots of money to develop raw land and start site work and put in utilities and if we had to pay full price for all of these things, we would never be able to afford to start or finish construction and keep our doors open. The ONLY way is for the contractors to discount their materials and labor and others give money and time to help and then the non-profit is not left with huge debt service. The goal is to serve our residents and day program participants and sustain ourselves and we just need help to get that started!
- Sign up to volunteer for an event or a work party or talk to a group that you are involved with to get their support to give to Vanguard in their budgets. Whether its Sugar Plum Bakery holding a month of cookie sales to support us to a service organization sharing their fundraising profits with us, it all adds up!
- The NEXT Event we are holding on May 5th – 6th to raise funds is called OVER THE EDGE and we are going to be hosting 92 Rappel spots to go OVER the Top of the beautiful Holiday Inn Oceanside on the Boardwalk of Virginia Beach! Sign up today to grab a spot and start your fundraising page, form a company corporate team or inquire about a Sponsorship opportunity.
- Later that same week we will be once again be participating in the awesome GIVE Local 757 Online Event! Thanks to our Donors we have increased the profits from that in a HUGE way over the last several years.
- Watch for news of our Hearts & Hoofbeats being held this coming Fall.
We are hoping to BREAK GROUND THIS YEAR!