Something we get asked all the time by people is: “I love what you are doing. How can I help?”
This is a great question, and one that has a variety of answers!
To answer your question, we have come up with an assortment of ways you can get involved with helping Vanguard Landing. We call this the “Hierarchy of Helping.” Here are the ways you can get involved:
- Share a post from our social media pages to your own.
- Like and comment on our posts. We love your feedback!
- Subscribe to our newsletter to stay up-to-date with community events, news and updates. (You can add your e-mail to our list at the very top of our website’s homepage)
- Invite friends to like our Facebook page or send them to our website.
- Ask questions and become knowledgeable. Help us tell the Vanguard Landing story!
- Attend an event. (Be sure to check out our calendar for a list of upcoming events!)
- Submit an application. (For parents and families)
- Volunteer for an event through our Vanteer program. As we continue to gain momentum as we get closer to groundbreaking, it is so important to us to have a network of local volunteers who generously devote their time and energy to supporting
- Make a donation. We have many options for making one-time or continuous donations.
- Leave your mark on our campus forever with a naming opportunity.
- Donate on a larger scale to our capital campaign.
Your story can help others get involved, too! While celebrity or big name endorsements (such as our appearance on the Steve Harvey show) are wonderful, every single fan and supporter of our organization has the opportunity to be a powerful storyteller for us. Ask your friends if they’ve heard about Vanguard Landing. If they haven’t, educate them about how adults with intellectual disabilities age out of the public school system, and then have nowhere else to go. Invite them to like our Facebook page, visit our website, or join you at one of our events around the community.
In the next few months, as we move closer to breaking ground on our picturesque plot of land in Virginia Beach to create our residential community, there is plenty you can do to help spread the word, and help make our vision a reality to offer a better alternative to many adults with intellectual disabilities.
We want to invite everyone to become part of our story and our mission, and we appreciate every bit of support – whether in the form of donations or precious time – that has made the Vanguard Landing dream a reality.